Saturday, January 4, 2014

Introduction

Hello! Welcome to Delusion All.

I've been hanging around the edges of various feminist, atheist, skeptic, and social justice blogs over the last couple years, commenting off and on.  I've been more active on Facebook and Twitter under my real name (Erin). I have tumblr, also called Delusion All, but I haven't used it much, and to be honest, I haven't quite worked out how much I'll be posting there vs. here vs. Facebook or Twitter, how much crossposting, etc. On other blogs and communities, especially FreeThought Blogs, I've used the handle "EEB", though I've been trying to transition over to "Erin" everywhere. Having gone through several popular forms of social media and half a dozen handles over my last decade on the internet, it's been more work than I expected to consolidate them all!

Previously, I had a rarely-updated blog named "Shut Up, Bitch!" I borrowed the name from a few comments I'd received (especially on youtube), thinking it was a catchy name and a way to reclaim a slur at the same time. However, I heard from several people that the name either made them personally uncomfortable, or they didn't feel comfortable linking to blog with that name.  I felt my attempt at an eye-catching name wasn't worth the discomfort it was causing to other people (and that it was rather counter-productively limiting my readership), so when it became clear that I needed to consolidate my social media, I took the opportunity to rename and relaunch my blog.

For several years, I've been involved in various fandom communities on livejournal and writing fanfiction under the name LizzyPaul.  I will not be posting much, if at all, on fandom here at Delusion All. My livejournal has been hiatus for quite a while and is currently mostly "friends only", though all of my fanfiction is accessible.  I hope to "reopen" my LJ, and start writing fanfic again as well, but I honestly can't say for sure when--or even if--that's going to happen. Hope springs eternal. I'm also in the process of moving all my fanfiction over to Archive of our Own.

Over the next few days, I will be moving posts from my previous blogs (including some from my LiveJournal and Facebook) here to Delusion All.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Policy: I am working to make Delusion All a Safe Space. To that end, comments containing racist, misogynist, homophobic, trans*phobic, gender essentialist, disableist, ageist, sizeist, or otherwise objectionable commentary based on people's intrinsic characteristics and/or identities will not be accepted. Comments must also be free of: hate speech, slurs, rape apologia, rape jokes and metaphors, threats, trolling, concern trolling, derailing, playing the Oppression Olympics, pointless belligerence, sockpuppeting, and silencing tactics. If your comment contains language that may be potentially triggering or upsetting to other readers, please put a trigger/content warning at the top (ex: [Trigger Warning: Rape] or [Content Warning: Violence], etc.). Disagreement is fine, debate is welcome, as long as it doesn't violate any of the above guidelines. A good tip is to try and focus on the issue being discussed, and refrain from personal attacks. All comments are moderated, and any comments that violate the comment policy will be deleted. If you have any questions about the policy, please feel free to ask. Thank you.

(Note: much of this was adapted from Shakesville's Commenting Policy.)